Nov 20, 2014

CESTODA!

Many of you may have already seen the new mega Kaiju toy "Cestoda" I've been working on that was recently displayed at Designer Con. Cestoda is about 12" tall with an overall massive presence. The creature was inspired by Tapeworms and the microscopic Tardigrade (also known as the water-bear) as well as classic Kaiju. The US doesn't have the best resume when it comes to Kaiju monsters, We put out King Kong, Cloverfield, Pacific Rim, and a second try on Godzilla which doesn't even count because that's Japan's baby. I do love elements from all the monsters in these films, I just wanted to create my own monster as a fan of Kaiju. I wanted to put something out there for the US that wasn't just an over-sized gorilla, not that anything is wrong with that! Cestoda's storyline is currently in development and I partnered up with Toy Art Gallery on the toy to be made in Japanese vinyl which should be available sometime in 2015, tba.

Here are some photos of the prototype if you missed out attending the convention in Pasadena.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

RedBubble