Mar 24, 2014

My Thoughts on "The Crawling Dead" Custom Autopsy Baby Group Show at TAG

Toy Art Gallery did a great job with the show and I can see exactly why they won  Designer Toy Awards "best toy store" of 2013. They took on something small and obscure and turned it into an excellent custom toy show, with all the talent that was pulled together, it was a huge success!

I flew to LA with Nicole to be at the opening of "The Crawling Dead" at Toy Art Gallery in the Hollywood/ LA area. March 8th, the night of the opening we walked down about a block from our hotel an hour before the opening and from a distance it looked like a crowd already started to gather. As I got a little closer to the gallery on Melrose I was surprised to see the Bat-Mobile parked right in front of TAG! My personal favorite version of the vehicle, '89 Tim Burton style. It was there for a filming of a new tv show called "Barry'd Treasure" on A & E starring Barry Weiss formerly of Storage Wars. The opening of the custom Autopsy Baby show "The Crawling Dead" will be featured on a future episode, which is very exciting! The place was packed and I got to meet a lot of new people including some of the artists involved in the show as well as hang out with some of my friends. All of the custom toys were so much fun to look at and skillfully well executed. I also loved seeing artists that are new to working with sofubi give it a try such as Retroband, Chet Zar, KillerBootlegs, Naoto Hattori, and a couple others that just completely killed it.

The first wave of the Breaking Bad inspired "Blue Sky Edition" Autopsy Zombie Staple Baby sold out as well as many of the pieces shown. However, some are still available on TAG's web-store located HERE! Get them now before they are possibly shown on TV! The remaining wave of Blue Sky's will be available later on this year.

Check out these videos to get a sense of Miscreation Toys x Toy Art Gallery's "The Crawling Dead"

3.8.14



Miscreation Toys will be at Designer Con 2014 in Pasadena, CA November 8th-9th

No comments:

Post a Comment

RedBubble